What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Design & Test Manuals for BLU- 42/B & BLU-54/B

Sprockets

Hello,
Does anyone have in their library, or know where a copy might be found, for the "Engineering Evaluation of Wide Area Antipersonnel Mine, BLU-42/B & BLU-54(B) (U) -Eglin Air Force Base, Florida,Report ADTC TR-70-75 April 1970." There was also
"Contractor Support Test for BLU-54/B Antipersonnel Mine, ADTC-TR-68-23-September 1968".

This might well shed light on one of the most complex submunitions ever made, prior to electronics taking over! Thanks.

Sprockets.

Thanks to Eggburt1969, who has performed a search for these missing publications, he found that ADTC TR-70-75’ from April 1970 has been declassified, but doesn't appear to have been released to the public. It may well be on DTIC, but only an American citizen in posession of a valid DoD-recognized X.509 client certificate can so access same. As for ADTC-TR-68-23 , there does not appear to be anything online, but there is also information referring to this code in the 1994 document titled ‘MIL-HDBK-757(AR) - Military Handbook - Fuzes’.
Any body out there who has the requisite certificate?
Thanks in advance.http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/members/2546-Eggburt1969

Hi @Sprockets,
I had the same problem when I was looking for a report from the early 50s. Technically it is of no interest to anyone, nowadays. Digitalising costs money. Everywhere in the world you can notice, that for historical military items, no money is made available. Whole collections are disposed of or sold. The militaries money is spent all for more current expenses. When I asked here in this forum for that old, 50s eara, historical report, I was informed by a US member here, that as a foreigner, I had no right to even ask. Any US-citizen, holder of the DoD client certificate, would be comitting an offence(felony) divulging info like that to a foreigner. I stopped looking for this paper, because the ADTC No. is the only lead I found.
Regards,
Bellifortis.