What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OVMS Show of Shows

bacarnal

Ordnance Approved/Premium
Ordnance approved
The OVMS SOS starts today, February 21, 2019. It runs till Saturday. I can't wait!!:ridinghorse: Cheers, Bruce.

Went there, met Rick Larsen and Wichitaslumlord, found a bunch of smaller ordnance and casings. Here is my first days haul...

20190221_172542.jpg20190221_172534.jpg20190221_172521.jpg20190221_172803.jpg

I have never seen the M2A- Bounding Mine in this configuration. I've seen the standard M2's and the M8 Practice, but never this. Also, the fact that it had an intact bounding body and delay element with the plastic booster cup was a surprise. Cheers, Bruce.

Last edited:
And I just HAD to go back for the Japanese 37mm and ended up stumbling over some others...

20190222_131656_resized.jpg20190222_131721_resized.jpg20190222_131726_resized.jpg20190222_131734_resized.jpg

The Japanese 37mm had a complete fuze and the silk propellant bag. the M2 Canister was bought from Rick Larsen. The 57mm casing is a Brit 6 pdr. I was tempted by an early MK I Grenade, but the price of $500.00 was a little daunting. I know, I should have picked it up, but what the heck...Cheers, Bruce.

Last edited:
Vlad, I'm far from retired, just take advantage of the seasonal lay offs. And who is the one that posts all of his wonderful trips?:neutral: :tinysmile_fatgrin_t. I envy you that! Cheers, Bruce.

Sorry, did not mean to imply that you were retired. If I did not have to work, I'd be on the road every day. I am considering going to Kansas City to the WWI museum day before SLICS. Just 3 hours from St.Lou. Any opinions?

Vlad, no sorry necessary. I wish I WAS retired. Didn't know about the WWI museum, but there is a steamship wreck museum there that is interesting. Cheers, Bruce.

I swore that I wasn't going to go back to the SOS, but my truck kidnapped me and I ended up there anyway. I figured that while I was there, I'd check to see if the MKI Grenade was still there. Lo and behold, it was. Made an offer, counteroffer was done, deal made on a correct early model MKI. In addition to the deal I made at the gun show down the hall, it was an excellent weekend. Cheers, Bruce.

I swore that I wasn't going to go back to the SOS, but my truck kidnapped me and I ended up there anyway. I figured that while I was there, I'd check to see if the MKI Grenade was still there. Lo and behold, it was. Made an offer, counteroffer was done, deal made on a correct early model MKI. In addition to the deal I made at the gun show down the hall, it was an excellent weekend. Cheers, Bruce.

A picture(s) of it would be enjoyable.

Okay, Rick. Ya twisted my arm:smile:. Anybody know the manufacture? Cheers, Bruce.

P1011694.JPGP1011695.JPGP1011696.JPGP1011697.JPG

I returned home Sunday evening with a nice assortment of new additions from the SOS show. It was a great time and I really enjoyed chatting with Bruce and Rick! Rick (ordnance) was a great help in acquiring one of the pieces! THANKS!!!!!!
I am glad I wasn't following Bruce through the show or the tables would have been Hoovered clean!:wink: Congratulations on a fantastic haul!!! You found some really nice items.
Pictured below are my finds at the show. My favorite is the Hedgehog anti submarine rocket, or at least that's what I thought it was. It may be a 7.2 Mousetrap rocket which was used on smaller vessels and had much less recoil than the standard Hedgehog. It has a base fuze, not the nose fuze usually seen on the Hedgehog. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated! I am also quite pleased with the Shinkle and the knee mortar round with the dual stripe markings. Both were on my "really want" list.
The BLU 7 is also neat and there are a pair of WW2 Russian bombs (sub munitions?). Any help in identifying the Russian bombs would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS, Pat
100_7801.jpg100_7802.jpg100_7803.jpg100_7804.jpg100_7805 1.jpg100_7806.jpg100_7807.jpg100_7808.jpgMousetrap 7.2 rocket.JPG

Pat, you got some great pieces, also. Now I see who got the Shinkle! Great deal on that one. Thanks for the time chatting! Cheers, Bruce.

I know this thread is several months old, but I just stumbled across it. I haven't been to the SOS in about three years, but I am thinking of going again in 2020. Unfortunately I have never found it to be a good show for German Ordnance & Munitions, which is what I focus on these days. I did pick up a mint J-Feder 504 timer last time, but that was it.

I did not see this thread when first posted. You found a Czech/German Vz34 37mm HE complete round with fuse in the US! I am still looking for one after five years. The Russian bombs are AO-2.5 cluster bombs with AM-A fuses.

Last edited: