What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" Mortars Single Star.

ron3350

Here are my single star mortars. A poor selection and are hard to find.
Photo1. Red Australian, UK and unmarked Australian body. Note it has small Mk2 vents but marked Mk1.
Photo2. Red Australian front view. Mk2.
Photo3. Red Australian rear view.
Photo 4. Green Unmarked (worn), Australian and Canadian.
Photo 5. Green Canadian DBC body, BDC tail, Filled by IFS. Dominion Bridge Co, Toronto. Barber Die Casting Co, Hamilton, Ontario., IFS is International Flare and Signal co , USA and Canada.
Photo 6. Australian Hebco caps for Red and Green single stars.

View attachment 150745View attachment 150746View attachment 150747View attachment 150748View attachment 150749View attachment 150750

I just realised that I have a nice 1943 cap on my 1956 red single star. It will have to fit until a proper dated one is discovered. Still bloody scarce. Ron.

2" Signal

Here are a few I used to have a sold on. I only keep undamaged items in my collection. As you say Ron,hard to find

Hi Tig, I have had a very close look at the single star and early para illum, the star are tinned and the para illum parked in a light phosphate finish. As for the rectangle in yellow around yellow writing if you see topic 2”multi my post page 2 of 3 you will see one of my rounds with No4 tail dated 1944, it has the yellow rectangle.

Thanks everyone for showing some great 2" mortar variations in Stars, Multi & Illum. I have learned a lot about markings, fins and filling factories.
Now I have to try and find some more. Ron.

I need to find more, gems still turn up just have to be patient.