What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75 x 151 mm Drill Round

Andy Naude

My find of the day!

Found at a local flee market. Really not sure what the correct calibre actually is. Any assistance welcome.

Head stamp: Rh.M.F. NOV 1910 DUSSELDORF

Primer and fuze is marked: Ex

Overall length: 344 mm

"Case" length: 151 mm

"Calibre" : 73 mm (I suspect that it is a 75 mm).

Rim diameter: 88 mm

IMG_0681.JPGIMG_0682.JPGIMG_0684.JPGIMG_0678.JPG

Could this be for the 7.5 cm Ehrhadt Model 1904

Screenshot_20190303-185733_Chrome (002).jpgScreenshot_20190303-193357_Chrome (003).jpg

These mountain guns were used in South West Africa (Namibia). All twelve survived.

I am not sure if the attached screen shots will be readable.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about (I think the headstamp is self-explanatory) but can you please meassure the primer diameter?

Last edited:
Hi Alpini,

Primer diameter is 33.4 mm.

What are your thoughts on the yellow paint. I think is was a more recent addition. But could it possibly have been original paint? It does not look very well painted.

Thank you for looking.

The primer hole is a standard german one. I asked because the primer has two key slots which is very unusual for german primers.

I think the yellow color was applied later by the military (not sure how long these guns were in service). The area covered with the yellow color has the largest wear during drill/practise operations (bumps, scratches,...) and the base of the case looks much like that this cartridge was used for some time :).

I think your given "case length" is some mm to long because you must subtract the width of the driving band from your length (just that nobody knows this width :) )

The crown stamp indicates that is was officially accepted by the german military. The small stamp on the right side of the crown looks interesting, I think I have never seen something like this. Can you get a larger picture of this stamp?

Last edited:
The crown on the head stamp also shows up on several of my Finnish 37mm Bofors antitank gun brass cases.

Here with the photo of the smaller stamp to the right. Looks like an E in a circle with a 27 stamped over that. There also seems to be another crown, just above the crown its self.

20190306_141415.jpg

On the primer is also a stamp "BL"