What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Sectioned 25Pr Bag Charge Display.

ron3350

This is a factory sectioned 25Pr charge display. The red, blue and white coloured charges can be seen but have faded with age. I put a No26 cup in the top.
The case is MC by Finsbury Munitions Factory from 1941-45. (NW of Adelaide, SA). The charge bags have viewing sections to show the cordite and have been screwed through the case wall to secure them in place.

25pr 1.jpg25 Pr 2.jpg

Very nice!
Makes a superb display piece!
Cheers
D

[BTW - Are those the "instant noodles" you keep referring to? :tinysmile_fatgrin_t]

No, it is not a modification but I checked my headstamp book and it appears on almost? all MF and MC cases. A 5 pointed star with a centre gap. Not sure of meaning.
It is on MF Bofors, 2Pr tank,3Pr Hotchkiss,6Pr 7Cwt, 3.7",17Pr, 18Pr and MC cases Bofors, 25Pr, 3.7" and MQ 25Pr.
So it seems to appear below the case maker symbol on most WW2 cases. I will have to check post war 40mm Bofors to see if it continued. Ron.