What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 1/2 Pounder Mk 3 C.O.W cartridge case.

Bockscar

It's typical that when you find a case like this there has to be a downside......
Unfortunateley this one has been lightly "trench-arted"... So lightly though that I felt it could be included here. ( Mods' please feel free to move if necessary).
The inclusion of two sets of three lines engraved lightly on the casing doesn't do too much to detract from the eye though and it's perfect in every other way. So for £15.00 what do members think? Good buy or bad buy? Comments welcome! I mulled this one over as I don't really do trench art before going back to the stall to buy it the next day!

image.jpgimage.jpg

A little bit bit of cleaning required to remove some traces of solder from the base and a light clean overall should see it looking better than it is now and it does kinda replace the other C.O.W case that I have that had been cut down at some point...the only good point is that it came with an unfired primer! ( since deactivated).

Bockscar.