What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown case...... 60MM Spigot Shell, T-13

ordnance

Premium Member
This unusual cartridge case was found at the Louisville Show of Shows last month and I'm totally stumped trying to identify it. The base is ink stamped "SHELL, SPIGOT, 60MM, T-13" and a few other numbers that are too weak to read fully. As you can see, there is no primer hole and the general overall appearance is similar to the WWII naval hedgehog launching cartridge, just larger.

The T-13 designation would indicate an Army development but I'm unaware of any weapon system this would be appropriate for. Does anyone know?

Rim diameter................. 64.95MM (2.557")
Body diameter at rim...... 60.17MM (2.369")
Overall length................ 100.8MM (3.969")
Inside dia. at mouth...... 46.54MM (1.832")

P1060686.jpgP1060687.jpgP1060688.jpg

Have you looked in Bob's book yet (cases)?

Looks like part of the Hedgehog spigot launch cartridges but not sure if it is 60mm? Similar item was listed on this forum but not with this headstamp.

I checked Hawkinsons book and he lists a 46x129R, with 64.8mm rim, 4 mouth slits, no primer as a large Hedgehog case. USA Navy.