What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My WW2 Expolsives Use by Engineers Replicas

canadianspr

IMG_0710.jpgIMG_0711.jpgIMG_0712.jpgIMG_0713.jpgIMG_0714.jpgIMG_0718.jpgIMG_0717.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm collecting WW2 Royal Canadian Engineer (RCE) Equipment same as RE. I joined this site to see what I could find out about the Demolitions used. I was able to get the basics from several posts and I thank you. I have now produced what I think is correct for the range of the whole WW2. I have only dealt with explosives used by engineers. Not infantry and not those designated for special operations. I have taken some logical artistic freedom due to lack of pictures and the assumption that things would have similar markings. I am not sure about the 4 oz. Plastic H.E in cellophane or the 4 oz. blasting Gelignite Polar NS. Any corrections advice would be greatly appreciated! I will start with pictures of the references I used followed by pictures of my replicas. I have more references about colour and sizes. Remember that explosives changed as the war progressed hence I have older and end war examples.

Last edited:
These are the Nobels 808 Charges. Pre war, 808 red label (stiff), Blue label (Plastic) and Blue wrapper (Plastic)

IMG_0719.jpg

Last edited:
A few more tidbits. Explosive accessories - Pull igniter, Percussion cap tin, Igniters striking (No striker board yet), Match Fuzee, No 27 Detonator, No 33 Detonator, Igniter Electric (squib) Cap sealing compound and Rubber insulating tape.IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0725.jpgExploder Dynamo Condenser Mk 2, and Test set Demolition Mk 1 with check list items. Pliers side cutting 5", Friction Tape, Crimpers, Cable electric, Tin of Fuse Sealing Tubes, Cotton cloth old and (missing) Gun Cotton primer reamers I'll make them later when all this snow disappears. lol

Last edited:
In British service the items described as Igniters Striking are Igniters Safety Fuze Striking (ISFF) and similarly the squib is Igniter Safety Fuze Electric (ISFE)

Last edited:
Both the Test Set Demolition and the Box Testing and Jointing contain half a pound of old linen cloth. The point is made that all connections have to be clean, both the terminals and the cable or peg ends. This is particularly essential where small resistances are being tested.