Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    The land service users of H13 for .303 and H29 for 9mm are ready included in LCPLCOMBAT's excellent and comprehensive list of ammunition packagings (see link earlier in thread).
    I do have package drawings, plates and sketches of non-SAA packages which are not included against some of the packages in the list, but I think the list is closed and I do not know how to include them. Perhaps if I added them as a forum packaging item from time to time he could add them.
    Last edited by AE501; 18th March 2019 at 01:19 PM.

MODERATOR/ORDNANCE APPROVED
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AE501 View Post
    The land service users of H13 for .303 and H29 for 9mm are ready included in LCPLCOMBAT's excellent and comprehensive list of ammunition packagings (see link earlier in thread).
    I do have package drawings, plates and sketches of non-SAA packages which are not included against some of the packages in the list, but I think the list is closed and I do not know how to include them. Perhaps if I added them as a forum packaging item from time to time he could add them.
    If you make posts in the Packaging sub forum I can amend the index and include links to your posts
    "Any live or recovered ordnance in my posts has been dealt with by trained EOD personnel"

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Barbeques on fire by the chalets past the castle headland
    I watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off the Newborough gate
    All these moments will be lost in time, like icecream on the beach
    Time for tea.

Thanks
    Having a look, I see very limited evidence for airborne forces using ammo boxes. The best evidence is wartime photos showing boxes. These seem very rare indeed. I guess metal boxes and tins very heavy and airborne forces want lightweight.

Paradata website has some great photos of the CLE drop containers with a variety of loads. These include g70
    and B167 boxes which are readily found, though not with their normal loads. Another images shows Bren mag boxes, .455 revolver wood boxes and also .303 in the round ballast containers. There are some images of boxes on jeeps too.These include C224 boxes used for gun ammo, plus C263 for 6pdr ammo.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CartDorset For This Useful Post:

AE501 (20th March 2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12