What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Large Fuze Containers

I was recently given a couple of these, any idea exactly what went inside please? They are very well made and 450 mm tall x 190 mm wide with conical recessed foam inserts.

fullsizeoutput_d79.jpgfullsizeoutput_d7b.jpgfullsizeoutput_d7d.jpgfullsizeoutput_d7f.jpgfullsizeoutput_d81.jpg

I can make some guesses and some observations, might be totaly wrong though.

The NSN is for the container itself, not the stores it held. There don't appear to be any markings to denote what the conents were. ADAC, Proper Shipping name etc.
A simple (looking) container with a serial number and a mod plate? Highly unusual. Usualy see these on expensive containers that can be reused. I think the Desicant Lable on pic 1 is significant
The Primary Standard Package lable is something you never usualy see on ammunition packaging. It denotes that the entire thing is a single stores item and shouldn't be opened to break down the contents (or somethimg similar) eg a tool box containing tools or a box of 4 bolts that form a kit.

Thanks for the information. The RTC label refers to a Fuze Mk 3 that is life expired, but I've no idea what it was on.

Thats why it is confusing, there are no compulsory ammunition container markings on the package. It is contrary to JSP

Your container is Naval and not all Naval containers show contents and it could have had the explosive label removed when emptied. If it is Ordnance related I would look at naval aircraft rockets or bombs/depth charges. The problem is your only reference is the RTC label witch show's "Fuze Mk 3" ???. Are there any other markings on the lid or base of the container.

Your container is Naval and not all Naval containers show contents and it could have had the explosive label removed when emptied. If it is Ordnance related I would look at naval aircraft rockets or bombs/depth charges. The problem is your only reference is the RTC label witch show's "Fuze Mk 3" ???. Are there any other markings on the lid or base of the container.

Thanks, there is very faint illegible stencilling in yellow beneath the labels. I'll try some different lighting to see if I can make it out.