What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 47 mm

doppz92

Premium Member
Hello, I've had this projo for a while and never could properly id it. It's 47mm and has the Schneider logo on it and has a 4 digit number on the body as well as on the end plug. Unfortunately there's no fuze. It looks like a 1900 projo but for what gun exactly and what type of case goes with it?

IMG_3534.JPGIMG_3537.JPGIMG_3535.JPGIMG_3539.JPG

Hello,
What is the total length ? We have the same 208mm long with same chrome paint (maybe a shell made for promotional display).
No documentation on this shell.

Hi, thanks, looks like we have the same shell, mine is also, given take, 208mm long including the base plug. Do you have a fuze in yours? Mine's chrome finish as well. Let's hope someone else on the forum has some info.

Also empty shell without fuze.
Never heard about a Schneider 47mm gun from this era (1900's)

Hello,
Find this from 1900 :
Schneider made a 47mm navy gun sold to Greece and Bulgaria (maybe other countries).
Could match !
Regards

47mm schneider.jpgschneider marine.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Hi, thank you, yes it could be a match, however, I weighed my shell and it's only 1319 grams... Not sure though the 1.5kg given here is perfectly accurate, and if it's with the fuze then it could be it. I really wonder what the case looks like. May be a member has an unidentified Schneider 47mm case?