What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help with a couple of Projectiles

MissingSomething

Just got a (what I believe) is a 6 inch 23 cwt HE projo. Appears to be an original paint. ( I know the fuze is wrong in the one picture.) Original is on the way to me. Any ideas as to why the green color? (practice?)

The silver one is an 18 pdr that was turned into a lamp. No other markings than what I have shown. I also believe the base was cut out and threaded.

Any additional info is welcome and appreciated.20190318_210420.jpg20190318_210434.jpg20190316_164255.jpg20190318_211434.jpg

As there is no joy here... anyone know if anyone is making replica charge bags for large artillery? Would like to get one for the new 6 inch howitzer shell :)
Also looking for a WW1 primer for my 18 pdr case and now a #106 fuze for that silver shell. I am going to paint it as a phosphorus shell :O

Thanks,
Craig

I see a pair of 17 pdr cases behind the 6 inch shell. I hope you bought those also. They are hard to find in North America.

is there stamping on the bottom of the 6 inch projectile? The fuze in it does not look British.

is there stamping on the bottom of the 6 inch projectile? The fuze in it does not look British.

No stamping on the bottom. The fuze pictured in a #80 (not the correct one) The previous owner did not have the correct one so he placed one in so it looked better.