What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hawker Typhoon

Hi All, I posted here at this forum some time ago, then i was asking for information regarding the Upkeep bouncing bomb for a presentation at my military historical society here in Fremantle, Western Australia, the information provided help me fill in all the gaps. The information i now seek may be outside the sphere of your membership, I have been trying with no success to obtain a DVD [ Hawker Typhoon 181 squadron ] there is a 30 minute segment on Youtube which displays the address to contact to purchase the full film, i have sent off two emails [hawkertyphoon181@gmail.com] but unfortunately no replies. I was wondering if there are world war two aviation societies in the UK who may be able to help ?

I have recorded the 30 minute segment onto a memory stick, but it finishes almost mid-sentence, i would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction, if not, no matter, i shall just have to show the short version.

Cheers

Jeff Lloyd.

Hi Jeff,
Try the Royal Air Force Museum at Hendon, they might be able to help.
Alan1

Other thoughts, Shuttleworth Collection (tho' they are mainly First War) and the Historic Aircraft Restoration guys at Imperial War Museum Duxford. They do a lot with Second War kit. Failing that, Science Museum in London have a comprehensive Flight Gallery.
Hope that helps.
Alan.

Email Fly Past magazine . They're normally a very helpful bunch & that type of thing is just up their street . Siegfreid