What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picked up a British 18PDR No. 101 II Fuze

MikeS0000

++ Posted in wrong forum, but ok here I believe ++

At least that is my diagnosis. There are no markings and it is steel. All of the info I could find showed the brass examples.

Oh, any hints on finding a detonator cap appreciated. I have a few 18PDR shells and casings hanging around and would like to round this one out.

Thanks and Best Regards!

- Mike

Attachments

• P1010047.JPG
    P1010047.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010045.JPG
    P1010045.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 19
All marks of the 101 were available in either metal (brass) or steel. What makes you think it is a Mk. II? It would appear the main difference between the Mk I and II, was the latter having a screw in needle and a slotted graze pellet. Both of which I presume are missing on your example.

TimG

All marks of the 101 were available in either metal (brass) or steel. What makes you think it is a Mk. II? It would appear the main difference between the Mk I and II, was the latter having a screw in needle and a slotted graze pellet. Both of which I presume are missing on your example.

TimG

Just a guess and a little interneter research!

wonderful item, a cap shouldn't be too hard to find, just buy a semi relic and pinch the top and internals. Wish I could find a single steel 100 series fuze!

Hi
This body look an N°102 (no groove and lip on the base) or may be an unfinished body of 101

Thank you to all!

Doc - I believe you are correct that it may be a No.102. Here are a couple of images showing the 102 with others.

Best regards!
- Mike

Attachments

• 102b.jpg
    102b.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 102a.jpg
    102a.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 21