What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My small collection of 47mm Hotchkiss rounds

Weasel

Premium Member
I have been sorting stuff out recently and found these three 47mm rounds and thought it would be a good idea to put them together and share them on here, there are two large banded one in copper and one in brass and one with a more conventional copper driving band,there is a Japanese stamp on the band, this one also has an inert Hotchkiss base fuze to go with it. not sure if this is the correct type so would appriciate some more info if any can help out, the photo showing the head stamp is of the same round with the base fuze present.
Best Weassel.

47mm Hotchkiss three different 1.jpg47mm Hotchkiss Base Fuzed Solid Band.jpg47mm Hotchkiss base fuze.jpg47mm Hotchkiss Base fuzed solid band head stamp.jpg

i cant answer your question weasel but i do have another one related to your collection,, I have seen many photos of these 47mm with deep driving bands as in the two shown in your first picture. But never seen a fired example and wondered if anyone had one they could show..

Thank you Spotter,
Come to think of it i have not seen a fired one either. Look forward to seeing any others that other members have, Best Weasel