What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice pictures

Vlad, that is an M3 Medium tank, commonly know as the Lee. It is an earlier version with, I think, the M2 75mm Tank Gun with a shortened barrel and a counterweight on the muzzle. Original barrels were longer for this variant but they were afraid their length would get caught on obstructions. It also knocked the MV down to around 1800 FPS as opposed to the original 2000 FPS. The rounds the Tankers are holding are the M61 APC-T, the M72 AP-T, the M48 HE, and two more M61 APC-T.
Nice to see the 240mm HE rounds in #10. Cheers, Bruce.

Last edited:
The US engineer is packing at least 50 pounds of TNT under the Tiger tank. What is the point of this exercise? It has already been knocked out and captured. Are the GI's loading German 88mm rounds into the street car? I also like the extra armored shield welded onto the 37mm AT gun; I have seen several variations used in the Pacific. What type of 81mm mortar rounds are those?

Last edited:
Steve, looks like he's trying to flip it over, but with as loosely as he was packing it, several of the 1/2 lb charges might not have gone off. A lot of antics happen in a war zone.

As far as the GI's loading 88's, Panzerfaust's and some Panzerschreck's, I think they're trying to make a statement of using a primitive "V" weapon (V-13) and pointing it towards Berlin.

The 81mm's could be pre 1943 M56 HE color code (yellow) that missed re-work or M57 WP (grey). With a stack like that, I'm presuming HE.

I noticed the M4 Sherman had a different Calliope on it and was thinking the 7.2" launcher, then looked it up and was confirmed. The T40 "Wizbang" using 7.2" T37 Bombardment Rocket or T21 Chem Rocket. I didn't know they actually fielded it.

Last edited:
We found remnants of the 7.2-inch mustard rounds in Panama. Still a test range and not exactly "fielded", but enough for EOD purposes.