What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze ID please

Burney Davis

Premium Member
I have attached below a couple of pictures of a German fuze. Can anyone provide an ID and advise which projectile it would have been used with? The graduations are 4 - 56 and the only markings are 'Kr 12' and '8'. I assume this is a Krupp fuze and the date is 1912.

Thanks in advance.

20190418_212229_resized.jpg20190418_212241_resized.jpg

Hello,
Common fuze for 7.5cm shrapnel shell (mountain gun Krupp)
No designation known.
Regards

Hello,
Common fuze for 7.5cm shrapnel shell (mountain gun Krupp)
No designation known.
Regards

Many thanks Minen. It did come as part of a mountain gun round, so nice to know it’s ‘right’. The only line drawing I can find of this shows the graduations starting at 1 - is there more than one mark or model?

Some old documentations show diagrams with graduations starting to 1 but I only saw this fuze with 4 for first graduadion.
(could me made full brass or mix Brass/zinc alloy).

56.jpg

Designation is "Dopp.Z. S/29"

but the scale goes until 56hm (5600m)

Not to confuse with other S/29 fuzes, there are some of them. Krupp designations are not unique.

Last edited:
Hello Richard,

The 56 are hectomters. The "S" like in the well known S/43 is the physical sign for time. But you can also call it Dopp. Z. 56hm. Most Krupp docs use the S/ writing and also German Military documents. But I also have seen the hm writing, maybe in norwegian docs.

Last edited:
Hello. If I can give my two cents, I think that the mark below 1912 is not 8, but З, that means [FONT=&amp]запалка, fuze in Bulgarian. [/FONT]

Last edited:
Hello,

no, it's number "3". I know several examples with different numbers. For example: Kr 4 / 2. And all bulgarian fuzes with "Krupp shape" I know, have a small hole in the top cap. I guess for the fuze setting key.