What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twin Six in action video

Tony Williams

This page is concerned with the WW2 "Twin Six" coast defence mounting, consisting of two manually-loaded 6pr 10cwt guns (57 x 464R ammo). Most famous for a successful defence of Grand Harbour, Malta, against a night-time attack by Italian MTBs in WW2. The video included on the page shows the gun crew at work in a rapid-fire practice - well worth a look!

http://www.fortsiloso.com/singaporeguns/twinsix/twinsix.htm

what a great video,and great gun drills.i like how the guy puts the round under the loaders arm so he can just load the rounds with out even looking.

I looked for twenty years and found one case and a practice projectile. I would call them hard to find. Great video. Ron.

Here's a pic of mine in between a 6 pr 8 cwt and a 6 pr 7 cwt, loaded with the Mk XT "long" HE projectile from the 7 cwt, which was also used in this case (presumably it wasn't worth maintaining a separate production line for the small number of 10 cwt projectiles fired in anger).

6pdruk2 copy.jpg

From a post a few years ago, my 6pr 10cwt PRAC projectile, currently on case stuffer duty awaiting the correct casing...

6PR10.jpg