What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nachbildung T.Mi.35

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

What means a blue cross on the top plate of a German tellermine 35 and white markings "Nachbildung" ?

Regards

Sorry but, Rigby is right, replica is the perfect translation.

If these were used for any practise operations is a different thing. In my opinion these were used in schools for EOD personell for example and not used for practise by normal soldiers. I have seen "Nachbildung" objects found together with "U" (Unterricht) stamped material and not together with "Ex" (=Drill, manipulation) stamped material.

Drill (Ex) material may be different manufactured than "Nachbildung" / "U" stamped items. The latter are made like a live object wut with the explosive replaced by inert material. Drill/Ex material is sometimes manufactured more rigid than live material, has sometimes special handles, etc.

Last edited:
Sorry but, Rigby is right, replica is the perfect translation.

If these were used for any practise operations is a different thing. In my opinion these were used in schools for EOD personell for example and not used for practise by normal soldiers. I have seen "Nachbildung" objects found together with "U" (Unterricht) stamped material and not together with "Ex" (=Drill, manipulation) stamped material.

Drill (Ex) material may be different manufactured than "Nachbildung" / "U" stamped items. The latter are made like a live object wut with the explosive replaced by inert material. Drill/Ex material is sometimes manufactured more rigid than live material, has sometimes special handles, etc.

Thanks for those informations. We learn every day. I was sure than nachbildung means training. I was wrong.
Thanks so much Alpini.