What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SLICS Items needing Identification

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Anyone recognize any of these?

The silver fuze is tagged as a German fuze for an 80mm rocket - correct? Model number?. The heavy brass fuze looks German, but has no markings other than the 35 sec increments. The second brass fuze has only the FA, it has been suggested that it is a French Heavy Trench Mortar Fuze, made for Spain. Confirmation or a publication would be nice. The cutaway warhead is unknown.

The silver canister marked inert came with a group of US Navy pieces, but that may not mean anything. It has a felt pad on the bottom.

I have not yet been able to find any markings on the bomb, looks like many Brit designs, but if I recall the US used one or two shrouded fin designs as well.

Fuze, PD, German for 80mm Rocket.jpgDSC_8716.jpgDSC_8715.jpgDSC_8730.jpgDSC_8731.jpgDSC_8737.jpgDSC_8738.jpgDSC_8736.jpg

Hello,
-2nd picture : brass fuze, looks like S/35 Vickers or same family
-3rd picture : brass fuze, spanish civil war artillery fuze "Placencia"
Regards
s35.jpgPlacencia.jpg

Last edited:
The heavy brass fuze could also be the Dutch "Tijdschokbuis No. 7". Check the interior.

Attachments

• tsb no 7.jpg
    tsb no 7.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 23
This is an interesting item that I picked up from a fellow BOCN member. A backwards M49 60mm which appears to have had the tail attached through the (normally) fuze well. It might be written-off as a garage project except for three details; the workmanship of the now nose/formerly base which appears to be factory completed; the gas check bands are reversed and matching the new configuration; and, the stamped nomenclature is upside down and also fitting the new configuration. While I have not yet done a close inspection for additional markings, the stamped markings visible at the top of the second photo are a 1945 date, 60mm and M49. If I get a chance I'll try and get an Xray of the body/fin junction, plus start it soaking in oil to see if it will loosen a bit.

DSC_8728.jpgDSC_8729.jpg