What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37 mm Drill Round (Unknown)

Andy Naude

I received this 37 mm Drill round today. (Thank you Jason). At first I thought it was the 37 x 136R, but I now have second thoughts. The item was a bit rusty when it arrived, but has cleaned up nicely.

I think this might be a 37 x 145R drill / dummy round. But is not the Airacobra round. I am lost.

Overall length : 228 mm

Rim Diameter
: 45 mm

The item is made of two pieces of ferrous metal, the body and base with a pin through the bottom section of the body. There are two serial numbers, one on the upper part of the body (47654 - 2) and one on the base (47654 - 1).

I hope that other members can shed some more light on this. (Gordon please help).

IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0755.JPGIMG_0754.JPGIMG_0752.JPGIMG_0751.JPG

Last edited:
Here are some measurements

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_15.jpg
    Zuschneiden_15.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Zuschneiden_16.jpg
    Zuschneiden_16.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 27
The current "prognosis" for this round is:

Made in USA for the Coastal Defence. Drill round for the 37 x 145R. Possibly the inter-war years going into WW2.

If there are any other opinions please lets hear from you.

Thank you Gordon.

It would be great if Tony Williams or other collectors of 37 mm rounds could give us their opinion on this item.