What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British No.720 vaned fuze 2 inch rocket

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
Good morning, please see the attached photos of a No.720 MkIV rocket fuze. The stamping reads 720 MkIV N Roneo 42 Lot 54 which I take to mean that it was manufactured in 1942 against a naval contract. But according to Len Webbs paper on numbered fuzes, the 720 was not introduced until 1944. Would pre production examples have been made 2 years before entering service?

Also does anyone have a photo or drawing of the naval 2 inch AA rocket which I believe were mounted in frames similar to Z battery rockets on the side of ships turrets?

many thanks Dave

Attachments

• 100_5843.jpg
    100_5843.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_5844.jpg
    100_5844.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 26
Excellent as always Norman, thank you very much. That gives me everything I wanted to know. Well done

dave

I wouldn't take the dates in that document as 'Gospel', as there appear to be a number of 'errors'. It is possible that they are 'typos' or that the store was in service and there was a delay before its introduction was announced.

TimG