Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

Rapier wind tunnel models ????

Hello Folks
    A friend of mine got these recently at an auction in Leicestershire and hasnt a clue what they are,He has been told they 'may' be high velocity missiles and these are test models for wind tunnels but to me the larger of the two resembles a rapier ,Both are made of metal with connection points for several wires on both .They may have come from Brush in Loughborough but thats guesswork also the tray they came in has the legend ''swallow Truck'' could that have been a code name ?
    Any ideas or thoughts most gratefully received
    Tia

Resized_20190511_122430.jpgResized_20190511_122233.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mag For This Useful Post:

apfsds (12th May 2019), Weasel (11th May 2019)

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    The one with the square-looking wings more resembles Malkara (pre Rapier, perhaps 1950s); the other looks a bit more like Thunderbird / Bloodhound (again 1950s or thereabouts)than Rapier. Perhaps a search on those might help to guide you.
    Any live or dug ordnance shown in my posts has been dealt with accordingly by eod personel

Thanks
    Hi Ammotechxt
    Thank you for the info, the names you mention we hadn't come across before so definitely a new avenue to go down ,as an aside his wife hates them and refuses to touch them due to the edges being "like knives"

Thanks
    Malkara had a very blunt nose and the wings had swept leading edges. The model does not look like a Malkara to me.

The model on the left looks more like a Thunderbird than a Bloodhound. Thunderbird has a central sustainer rocket motor, while the Bloodhound has a pair of ramjets as sustainers. The ramjets are mounted either side of the central body.