What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seelow Heights Memorial and Museum

doppz92

Premium Member
I happened to be in Berlin last week on the 8th and managed to get some free time and escape for a visit to the Seelow Heights Memorial and museum (very small though) and it was the first time I could look closely to a Katyusha Rocket Launcher with it's rockets in place. It's pretty difficult to imagine that here started the final assault on Berlin, with nearly 2.5 million Russians and 750,000 Germans who will resist hopelessly for another 2 weeks. It's not a very big place to visit, but none the less a very interesting one.

IMG_4278.JPGIMG_4283.JPGIMG_4287.JPGIMG_4288.JPGIMG_4290.JPGIMG_4253.JPGIMG_4254.JPGIMG_4256.JPGIMG_4257.JPGIMG_4258.JPGIMG_4259.JPGIMG_4260.JPGIMG_4275.JPGIMG_4277.JPGIMG_4280.JPG Excuse the tilted pictures, they seem to have a will of their own and decide how to display themselves without me having a say...