What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Base Fuze ?

siegfreid

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
mvc-121s.jpgmvc-122s.jpg

I ssume this is a base fuze of some sort ? All unscrews & is empty & inert . Threads are 1.3" across & length is 2.99" . Any info appreciated . Thank you . Siegfreid

Only the ones you can faintly see in the pics. I can't really make them out . Thanks .

can´t get around the central hole.
can you post a picture of the disassembled fuze?
Please look for markings leters A,B,C,...
Bob

mvc-133s.jpgmvc-137s.jpg
I've cleaned it up a bit & here's a couple more pics that show the markings better . The stamps look like Japanese to me ? Thanks & hope this helps .

It could be the base fuse for a Japanese Type 95 75mm APHE.

Attachments

• jap 75mm APHE.jpg
    jap 75mm APHE.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 34
I am more inclined to say that it is an assembly for booster and detonator (maybe detonator safety (the auxilary fuze for 75mm AA looks a bit similar)) used with non detonating fuze.

Bob

I am more inclined to say that it is an assembly for booster and detonator (maybe detonator safety (the auxilary fuze for 75mm AA looks a bit similar)) used with non detonating fuze.

Bob[/QUOTE

Thanks Bob . But is it Japanese ? Mike

looking at the symbols I would say it is,
I am sure there are better experts on japanese ammo here :)
Bob