What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adapter N°12

FZG76

Ordnance approved
Hello

I am looking for information on the English adapter n ° 12 MK2.
How does this bronze supplement work? Do you have documentation, diagrams?

I found it under a 103 of 1919 ...

thanks in advance

20190429_192902.jpg 20190427_194516.jpg

The bronze item is a shutter and detent, the same as used in the No.101E fuze. The attached drawing illustrates the working: on firing, the centrifugal force throws the shutter body against its creep spring, until the detent rod is free to pivot on the ball and move so as to lock the shutter.

Tom.

Attachments

• 101E.jpg
    101E.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 45
See attached images

Tom - you beat me to it!

TimG
159a.jpg160.jpg

Last edited:
Closer my friend !

No doc on No12 adapter. Listed in service in handbook 18pr from 1921.
Regards

shutter.jpg

Sans titre.jpg

handbook 1921.jpg

Please, tell us (you know who) "Graze" does not stand for AWF !

Last edited:
There have been some excellent replies covering the shutter and detent, but very little on the adaptor itself. I spent quite a lot of time researching adaptors for my book, “An Illustrated Technical Guide to British WW1 Fuzes”, but very littleinformation is available. I have included a drawing of what I believe to be an early version of the adaptor underneath a No. 103 fuze. This Mark (probably Mk 1) does not include the round shutter and detent in the top, nor the threaded, reduced diameter base for holding the gaine. Depotman

No 101 102 & 103 with gaine No 2.jpg

Herewith a drawing of a 4.5" Howitzer HE shell with No.103 fuze and No.12 adapter.

Attachments

• 4.5-in How HE.jpg
    4.5-in How HE.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 21