What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help 75mm unknown

hasag

Hello, please, would someone know how to identify this 75mm projectile?
Thank you

1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (11).jpg 1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (12).jpg
1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (4).jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
It could be a french marine artillery 75 mm shell, " Obus éclairant Mle 1923. The upper part of the body is monobloc with gaine + french fuze 24/31, 2 belts correspond to Marine shell, the base plate (B.E) like a illuminating shell, but the rear part between belt and base plate isn't french made. Perhaps a test shell?
In addition, the background colour doesn't match with a illuminated shell..... Sorry, i don't know.
JM

Hello,
Interesting shell, never seen before.
French design as mentionned (post ww1). Fuze is a Time fuze or T&P with shape of 24-31 model 18 or 31.
Maybe repainted ?
Regards

Last edited:
It's definately repainted as the paint is on the rust and in the pitting holes. Thanks guys for correcting my 22/31 into 24/31, I was too quick to type!

If I also think it's repainted, it's from a friend of mine who got Breton at an antique fair, I did not see a 75mm projectile with that shape, thank you very much for your information.