What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bofors Projectile found today

Gspragge

Premium Member
I picked this up today, paid a touch more than I liked. It had however
everything I needed to complete my good example so it was okay the tracer and the fuze parts.
I'll sell of the remainder. I don't have a clue how all this goes together as
some of it was loose in the projectile. Hopefully I can find a good diagram here
someplace.

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 110
There are plenty of drawings available Gordon, but if you get stuck I’ve dismantled and reassembled plenty.

I think I got through most of it. I have these left which I think go in the mid section which
I cannot get apart without terminal damage on either fuze body. Impossible to grip and staked together with sealant. It was difficult enough getting the tip to
unscrew.
I used these images to figure it out somewhat.

Attachments

• SBP.jpg
    SBP.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 45
  • left over.jpg
    left over.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 49
  • dia-2.jpg
    dia-2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 63
  • dia-1.jpg
    dia-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
That exploded board is a great reference. Those semi-circle collets are a pain to hold in place during assembly, but they can be put in from the bottom- you don’t need to get the mid section apart. The striker (brass) and hammer (wooden) are inserted from the top cap. I’d be very interested in any left over bits you may have as I’ve got quite a number of incomplete fuzes missing internal parts. I’m out all day today, but can send a pm when I get home tonight. Cheers