What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 7.62

mark moose

Has any one got a clue about the box with small mark written in red the ammunition all seems the same

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_134918.jpg
    IMG_20190626_134918.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 52
"Small Mark" ammunition was ammunition that failed visual inspection because it had small marks such as scratches or dents on it. As such, it was not issued for front-line military use, and was usually sold off commercially for the civilian market. The NRA at Bisley used to sell it at prices below that of the "Issue" stock. I have shot lots of it over the years, and usually found that it was just as good (accuracy-wise) as the more expensive version. The NRA used to get it from both Kynoch (back when they used to have military contracts), and Radway Green.

Roger.

Thank you Roger
I've had a closer inspection of the rounds in that box after your reply and can see a few slight marks on some of them they are dated 1968 L2A2 I'm sure they will be accurate enough for our twice a year section in defence shoots, its all dated 68,69 and 70

Mark