What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New California ammo law

It will soon be more than $1 charge and the it will be per type and cal. Thin end of a very fat long wedge that will do nothing to stop criminals.

Stop by a small gun shop in the area and was told if you have had anything papered or registered going back to 2014 you are in the system. And it's a $1 fee, if not you have to wait 10 days and the fee is $20. They told me big stores like Walmart simply have stop selling pistol, AR15, and AK47 ammo. I plan on leaving CA soon after I retire and it's not just gun laws. The new Gov has passed a law allowing all illegal aliens to have free medical benefits. I know all this will do is jack up taxes for those who work.

when you leave CA I suggest the UK is NOT on your list to move to, you wont like our laws re firearms and our National Health caters for everyone eventually.

I spent 3 years in England working as a DOD civilian at RAF Lakenheath 76/79. I think RAF Lakenheah and RAF Mildenhall are the only American bases left. When I was their you could legally own a shotgun , lots of pheasant running around in East Anglia. So as suggested the UK is not on my list.

You can still have a shotgun. Everything else has to be certified deactivated by a Government controlled Proof House.

Not strictly true. A firearm certificate allows single bolt action rifles and certain .22 rimfire firearms. It also allows artillery.

an FAC can be granted for bolt action and lever action magazine rifles in lots of calibres, single shot rifles likewise, shotguns with magazines of more than 2 capacity and over the legal limit air rifles. The only self loading rifles allowed are .22 rimfire. Black powder pistols and rifles also on an FAC. Pistols can be had on a special class of FAC but loads of restrictions as to where and when they can be kept and used and only certain types may be held.

How about Irish? Are the Irish laws similar? They stayed neutral in WWII, I guess they may have a different approach.

I remember an English game warden picked me up when my car broke down. He had a .22 with a silencer on it the area I was at was over run with large red hairs. So I thought he was using it to thin out the rabbits.

A few years ago I shot at Hythe ranges with a man who had a silenced AR15 modified for single shot only. He was a vermin controller and the gun was for foxes mainly.