What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 U.S. Mark II Practice Bomb

MikeS0000

Hello Folks -

Latest addition, and probably broke the bank on this, but haven't seen another for sale. :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Have a few questions. Does anyone know of information that shows how these were mounted and released?

Also, this one shows old yellow paint. I think I will leave as is and just clean it up and preserve. Unless it would be better to repaint in an original scheme. What would the original be?

Also, want to straighten the fins, I see a couple of fins where they were straightened a long time ago.

Thanks for looking!
- Mike

Attachments

• P6300182.jpg
    P6300182.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 30
  • P6300181.jpg
    P6300181.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 26
  • P6300180.JPG
    P6300180.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 35
The original color would have been yellow. School Bus or Caterpillar yellow is close.

The original color would have been yellow. School Bus or Caterpillar yellow is close.

Thank you! Looks like a light cleaning and a coat or two of micro-crystalline wax will do it.

One other question, what type of aircraft would have dropped these?

Last edited: