What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid crash

There is a very long list of things you can tell a teenage male to which they will not listen.

The article states (rightly or wrongly) that he was hunting for coins, not ordnance.
So is the issue here he was looking in the wrong (forbidden) location and stumble upon the bomb, thinking it was old "coins" - (BTW a good excuse for the authorities???)

From the way I read the article, it exploded while digging it up? So was his only crime being ignorance?

The article states (rightly or wrongly) that he was hunting for coins, not ordnance.
So is the issue here he was looking in the wrong (forbidden) location and stumble upon the bomb, thinking it was old "coins" - (BTW a good excuse for the authorities???)

From the way I read the article, it exploded while digging it up? So was his only crime being ignorance?

Picture from an EODTech on situ.
I don't think it's a good way to work to dig something up with a metal saw, metal saw he received in head !

Yoda

Attachments

• acc france.jpg
    acc france.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited: