What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian 100mm Flachette Round

M8owner

I found this poster for sale on ebay, and I thought the information would be useful to some of you. It is for the D-10 tank cannon on the T-55 tank. It's name is "USCH1".

Attachments

• Russian 100mm flachete round.jpg
    Russian 100mm flachete round.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Thanks, Steve. Looks like they use the old Shrapnel approach to theirs instead of our split the casing THEN shotgun it from the base. I wonder how they solve the stacking problem. Thanks, again, Bruce.

We've done a couple of threads on this several years ago, it appears that from several of the recovered rounds the Soviets took a different approach, keeping things simple. 152mm, 130mm, 122mm have all been found that were simply dump-filled with flechettes, then flooded with hot wax to make a somewhat more stable cargo. When you open the round you could slide the entire mass out. I still have some flechettes with tiny chunks of wax attached.

In the display pieces they are shown very differently however, I photographed a number of items in the storage area of the Artillery Museum at St. Petersburg. They are all very nice and neat with dividers, etc. I suspect that the practical item went to the field, the pretty items went to the museum.

A little bit of searching should pull up the pictures from each.

Flechettes in wax in 152 mm shell

Attachments

• 03 - Flechettes cast in stearine fat.jpg
    03 - Flechettes cast in stearine fat.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 69
hello
i don't understand russian ,but this 100mm is not for the D10 tank cannon because the case represented is semi rimmed
normally an experimental 100mm gun for aircraft (don't remember the model)

I do understand some Russian, and it is in plain text "D-10" and "100 Tank". It also says the round is for the BS-3 cannon which is the 100mm 1944 towed antitank gun that uses the same round as the D-10. I cannot speak to the artist's ability when it came to drawing the base of the round.

Last edited:
it's for D-10T tank gun.
rXKMp1k8Yx0.jpg

100mm - 3USH1 "Kil'ka(sprat)-1"
pFwyv5OC93s.jpg

j6w5TkTTH9A.jpg

115mm - 3USH2 "Kil'ka(sprat)-2"

125mm - 3SH7 "Voron(Raven)"

all info about soviet rounds you can find on this great site http://soviet-ammo.ucoz.ru/