What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20x138B with rare crimp - for Dutch anti-tank rifle?

H

Hoeksel

Hi,

I have this 20x138B head stamped as export (Polte, 1938, S2, LOT 2), shown right in the images. For a long time I have suspected the case to be Dutch, as I know of several 20x105B cases found in the ground in The Netherlands from the 20 mm M1937 aircraft gun. These cases also had the "S in triangle" and a "number 2" in the head stamp, besides the P for Polte and a LOT number. I have seen several 20x138B with "S in triangle" markings, but together with the "number 2" I only know this case.

Recently I compared this case with 2 known (very rare) Dutch 20x138B cases, shown on the left and in the middle. Although they have a different head stamp, they do have the same weight (147 gram) and the same crimp location which is deviating from most cases. It is 7 mm from the top.

Does anybody have comparable cases (the crimp or the head stamp) or some official reference that can clarify for which country the export case is intended?

Attachments

• Dutch 20 mm TP.jpg
    Dutch 20 mm TP.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Dutch 20 mm TPcrimp.jpg
    Dutch 20 mm TPcrimp.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Dutch 20 mm TP head stamps.jpg
    Dutch 20 mm TP head stamps.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 54