What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M437 175mm

orcutteod

I got up early this morning to beat the heat and traffic and traveled to So CA to pick up this Vietnam era 175mm. It's the same seller I got my Navy 8 inch a year ago. I had a spare MPD 557 fuse and installed it on the projectile and will clean it up later and repaint it. Interesting the seller has property that used to be a Navy ordnance dump that has hundreds of 155mm, 175mm, and 8 inch shells buried their. He told me he has found three live rounds and had EOD blow them up. Also interesting he told me every time they have an earthquake the buried ordnance moves closer to the surface and we have some big one's recently. He also sells his shells to a company in Las Vegas NV called Battlefield Vegas that reuse them and rich people shoot them out of their cannons. They have tanks their and you can run over cars and you can get $500 dollars off if you run over your own car or your ex's car. Sounds like the American dream is still alive and well in some states.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
They have tanks their and you can run over cars and you can get $500 dollars off if you run over your own car or your ex's car. Sounds like the American dream is still alive and well in some states.

How about Mother-in-law car, any discounts on that :)

Very nice. And a valuable addition to your collection I presume. They are getting scarce.