What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German '96 shrapnel shell...

starshell

Premium Member
IMG_4176.jpg

Good evening,

Would anyone have any more information on this German '96 model shrapnel shell by any chance. I have a copy of 'notes on German shells' but there is very little on descriptions,measurements, etc, other than a model '96 shrapnel existed at the time...
I'm looking for anything relating to measurements, paint schemes, compatible fuze types, technical illustrations, service life span, etc, (the sort of information found in the 'notes on German shells' hanbook for other shells listed) if possible.

Anything forthcoming will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

I knew I could rely on you good sir....
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Which leads me to one question....I'm guessing French military authorities produced a manual, similiar to the British 'Notes on German shells'? Is this something which one can get a copy of or is it a rare publication?
Thanks again Minenaz16.

Many thanks Minenaz16,

The Gallica info looks very interesting, so I shall study it thats for sure, there are some fantastic illustrations in there.
Thanks again for the information. Learning more everyday....!