What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWII US Brass 105mm Dummy Projectile

M8owner

Here is something I found in a Texas Army surplus store.

Attachments

• Brass 105mm Loading Dummy Projectile Bottom.jpg
    Brass 105mm Loading Dummy Projectile Bottom.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Brass 105mm Loading Dummy Projectile.jpg
    Brass 105mm Loading Dummy Projectile.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 63
They come in steel also, though I like the brass better.

You Americans have it so good. $300 US is around $500 Australian plus huge postage if it could be imported to Australia.
I would jump at this opportunity as we never see these items here. Just my thoughts. Ron.

It is still at the store in Austin, TX, and the guy wants $300 for it.

I'd have to think hard at $50. No historic link, no special technology aspect, no geographic interest - nothing to make it worth $300 for certain.

As we say in Texas, "Keep Austin Weird". That is where all the liberals reside in a very conservative state. I felt the same way about the price; that is why it is still there. I know from shipping similar items to New Zeeland that the shipping cost will be between $200 and $300 for US Post. Any courier service would be two or three times more. I can ship it to Australia with no issues, if you really want it. I will be back that way by the end of August.