What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1941 German 7.5 cm Brass 36 H Cartridge Case

M8owner

A few of these have arrived in my part of Texas after having been purchased in France. I do not recognize the intended weapon. May I request our members help with the identification? France had a 75mm antitank gun with a longer case than the standard 75 DEC. There were very few, but I know the Germans made cases for that gun. Is this one such example? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 75mm 36H German2.jpg
    75mm 36H German2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 75mm 36H German.jpg
    75mm 36H German.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 72
Your case was made by kct = Etablissement Luchaire, St. Quen near Paris, France.
The 7,5 cm AA gun Vickers entered service with the Dutch Army in 1935. In 1940 these guns were taken over by the Germans. Designation of these guns with the German Navy was 7,5 cm Flak Vickers.
Most of these guns were stationary along the coastal areas.
Known years of manufacturing of these cases were: by Vickers-Armstrongs the years 1935 and 1937, by the Dutch Artillerie Inrichtingen all years from 1936 till 1942 and by Etablissement Luchaire the years 1941 and 1942. The Germans also made a steel brass coated case for it (by asb = DWM Berlin-Borsigwalde, but probably more German manufacturers).
The Vickers HE shell was modified by the Dutch, the Dutch HE shell was modified by the Germans. The Germans also made a star shell for it.

Attachments

• File0001.jpg
    File0001.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 7,5 cm tl.jpg
    7,5 cm tl.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 19