What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCW military hospital, Titaguas, Spain

sksvlad

Another reminder of SCW in Titaguas, hidden deep in a rural area where I did not expect to find it.
DSCF1519.jpg

Let me do some advertising for the town of Titaguas https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titaguas, it is a small rural town with a biscuit factory and a large winery, and very old houses. Here is a typical house, the horses and pigs lived at the ground level, and the heat of the animals rose and kept people warm on the levels above. The ring on the wall to the left of the ground level door is to tie a horse.
DSCF1389.jpgDSCF1388.jpg
Titaguas has a candle festival in July (my daughter wearing a festival shirt)
DSCF1570.jpg
One night the town shuts down all the street lights, everyone lights up candles, gets food and drinks, and various musicians perform in the streets.
DSCF1451.jpgDSCF1453.jpgDSCF1454.jpgDSCF1458.jpgDSCF1459.jpgDSCF1463.jpgDSCF1467.jpg
My favourite music act was a group of about 20 old local men who played a variety of string instruments and sang old traditional local songs, very cool.
DSCF1471.jpg
I contributed to the festival by drawing a picture of the dog Filipa.
DSCF1447.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1570.jpg
    DSCF1570.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: