Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC News Report

Images
    Thanks
    There is no doubt that guns attract an enormous amount of stupid. And, there is a lot of stupid out there. I could certainly agree that many should not be allowed to have guns. However, that is not the way the system works - we all get them or no one gets them. I want to keep mine, and I am willing to pay the price of that decision. I agree with Subs that I would be willing to talk about restrictions, but we already know the entire game plan of the Left. No restriction will be enough until even air guns are banned. They will not stop, and I will not start the conversation. None shall pass.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M8owner For This Useful Post:

wichitaslumlord (17th August 2019)

Ordnance Approved/Premium
    Thanks
    "It's only a scratch..."
    ALL ORDNANCE SHOWN BY ME HAS BEEN INERTED AND HAS NO LIVE FILLERS.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,177 Times in 484 Posts
    "No restriction will be enough until even air guns are banned. They will not stop, and I will not start the conversation. None shall pass. "

Yep, that's the whole point. Once the first restriction had passed, there is no stopping anymore and an attempt to restrict wapons in the hands of those who cannot bear the resoponsibility of handling weapons will soon end in an all out restriction for all.
    On the other hand.... when living in rural USA you really need a weapon for self protection as the police will never be in time when it comes to protect you in case of... They're already allways late -with a Lucky exeption- in the Netherlands, and that's a small country.

Ordnance Approved/Premium
    Thanks
    Funny thing is, in Rural America the crime rate is still much lower than where the protection would be needed most, i.e., the cities. Rural areas usually DO have weapons, so most of the criminals are cautious, knowing that their likelyhood of being shot is heightened even in an "empty" dwelling. (Knocking on my wooden table now).
    Last edited by bacarnal; 15th August 2019 at 11:30 PM.
    ALL ORDNANCE SHOWN BY ME HAS BEEN INERTED AND HAS NO LIVE FILLERS.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pzgr40/42 View Post
    I would have to agree, there is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of licensing / control to keep criminals and the insane away from firearms. .
    The UK has some of the strictest firearms laws in the world but we still have firearms used by criminals. Recently a car was stopped at Dover that had 60 handguns hidden in it.

Strict laws never stop crime but only limit it a bit.
    William Mills - Thank you!

Thanks
    Only goes to show my point!
    Laws alone won't solve the problem. There has to be enforcement and control. Checking people and transports at borders. Checking people in the street (what 17 year old hangs out in a BMW or Mercedes AMG at 03:00 AM?). Checking/raiding known hangouts.... Nothing of that is done in the Netherlands.
    What is done ... anual checks on licensed hunters, licensed shooters, licensed collectors. That really goes a long way to keep the public safe!! (Yep that's sarcasm).
    Your example of the find in the car at the border, proofs that those checks are what's needed!
    Sure no system will ever be watertight, but merely keeping the "sheeple" in check, while doing nothing about the real problems... That is criminal negligence on behalf of government and sheer injustice.

Thanks
    My favorite running theme is that gun crime is a health issue.
    How about all the people who die in hospitals due to mistreatment, missed diagnosis, and malpractice? Those "health issues" kill more every year than legal and illegal guns together! Let's solve that problem before we talk about gun deaths.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    interesting point jonnyc, New Zealand has a terrible car death ratio but they banned semi auto after one incident, keeps the public thinking the government are looking after them.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    My favorite running theme is that gun crime is a health issue.
    How about all the people who die in hospitals due to mistreatment, missed diagnosis, and malpractice? Those "health issues" kill more every year than legal and illegal guns together! Let's solve that problem before we talk about gun deaths.

I keep well away from hospitals. Bloody dangerous places with a higher death rate than any rifle range.
    William Mills - Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12