What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PG7 with a landmine warhead

weberoed

Ordnance approved
Need some help ID'ing this PG&. From the Ukraine, it is a PG7 with a Soviet POM landmine as a warhead. Anyone know anything about this set up?

68635926_10218322688674510_1604894163139035136_n.jpg68295826_10218322688634509_7171992469695889408_n.jpg

Yeah … I wonder how that works? I mean the explosive portion is nothing, but how are they initiating it?

Joe

If this is a POM-2, I also wonder how that is initiated. From my understanding of the POM-2 construction, this can not work.

None of it makes much sense. The story I was told was that these have been seen in the conflict region of the Ukraine. Why? It is not like the RPG is in short supply for either side, and if you have an active motor you have a warhead. The warhead having the original nomenclature still on it indicates that it is most likely a field improvisation, but it makes little sense, either from a functioning standpoint or what advantage it would serve so that you would remove the standard warhead.

Am being told itis designed, used, to fire at enemy after an attack. deploys mine to delay enemy withdraw, reinforcements or allow movement of the enemy. evidently it is part of a design to use existing munition as new ones. supposedly i am suppose to get function sometime soon. will post if that comes throgh

None of it makes much sense. The story I was told was that these have been seen in the conflict region of the Ukraine. Why? It is not like the RPG is in short supply for either side, and if you have an active motor you have a warhead. The warhead having the original nomenclature still on it indicates that it is most likely a field improvisation, but it makes little sense, either from a functioning standpoint or what advantage it would serve so that you would remove the standard warhead.
It works pretty well.
RPG-7 grenades rocket engine uses for delivery POM-2 mines, but also could be and with POM-2R. Exists few variants of modification POM-2 and POM-2R for using with RPG-7 grenades. Of course they are field improvisation, as you noticed.
It uses for maing something like cluster minefield (haty minefield, but and not very husty), but only with one or few self-destruction mines (depends of quantity shooting what you did).
Exactly POM-2R with RPG-7 grenades found in Syria few years ago.

If this is a POM-2, I also wonder how that is initiated. From my understanding of the POM-2 construction, this can not work.

It can work. Why did not activate exactly this mine-grenade I have few versions, but I am not sure that BOCN administration wants that we discuss it there.