What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French 75mm but what model exactly?

doppz92

Premium Member
Hi, a friend of mine has this lump of metal and it's something I've never seen before. It really looks like a blown up version of a French 37mm and there's a lot of numbers and letters between the two driving bands as well as the French flaming bomb. Length is approx. 235mm. Caliber is definately 75mm, the shell sits very nicely on a French 75 x 350R. Thanks.

IMG_5807.jpgIMG_5808.jpgIMG_5814.JPGIMG_5813.JPGIMG_5812.JPGIMG_5811.JPGIMG_5809.JPG

Brilliant, it certainly looks like it's this one! I thought it could be a Navy shell, since there's no real use for such a projectile for a field gun at the beginning of the twentieth century. Can you confirm on which case it is mounted: regular 75 x 350R (Navy version) or another longer case for example from the Canet Model 1891 Gun?