What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 German Anti lifting device S.M.1

BMG50

Premium Member
Having a online chat about a Anti lifting device box for the S.M.1, most probably an early version of the S.M.2. Has anyone seen a S.M.1 or have one.

Hallo,
I'm interested in the subject for a long time and I have never seen or even heard about an S.M.1 I'm not even sure about the real meaning of S.M. It could be "Sofortzünder metallfrei"(Instant-fuze metalfree)This antilifting-device originally was named E.Z.44 (Entlastungs-Zünder 44). The designation E.Z. SM2 only appeared later. Then, towards the end of WW2 a new model named SF 3 appeared. These two, the E.Z.44 and the S.F.3 are the only german "Entlastungs-Zünder" that I know of. By the way, are you shure the printing on the box is S.M.1 ? Could it may be be S.F.1. This is a chemical pressure fuze for the "Topfmine". Full designation is "To.Mi.Z. SF1"
regards,
Bellifortis.

Last edited: