What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

practice rifle grenade

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
img_A_321372_afad7adaf636b4d657f2f861da312219.jpg

I have seen this 75mm gren variously described as a British/NATO 'Energa' PRAC, and as US M29 - which is correct? they used to be ten a penny at fairs/online and I have owned a couple in the past... would like another mint one if anyone has one reasonably priced :)

That one is actually Belgian issue. That particular one was used by a number of countries under different designations. British No. 94, US T42/M29, etc etc. The one pictured is Belgian issue GR75. They were all made by Mecar and other than paint and markings are identical.

Thanks :) just bought the example above. I’ve seen these with black fin assemblies too (contrasting with the usual overall blue paint) - I’m guessing that these are those that have had fin assemblies replaced after originals had become damaged from repeated practice firing, and that the prac grens likely each came with several spare fin sets? Are the black fin assemblies plastic? I think I have a set of these in my collection if so...

pic on wikipedia article (these fins do look like metal):

Energa.jpg

black plastic fin assembly I have, different design but which I have been told is for Energas:

attachment.php

Last edited: