What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37 mm Projectiles - Identification Help

John P

Good Afternoon All,

Can anyone help me with positive ID of these 2 projectiles.

P9010008.jpg 37mm TBC.jpg

Any info would be appreciate, especially if the fuze (time combustion) cab be identified.

Thanks

JP

Attachments

• P9010012.jpg
    P9010012.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 66
MINENAZ16, many thanks for the identification. Do you have any other information on the Russian item?

Here are a few more, but not all of them. Missing are copper band time fuzed and single
band solid shots in brass & copper. Also wood drill & blank and two later types and a canister.
Also could be included are the American made 1pr for the Mclean gun 37x136 for 1916 & 17
and the post ww1 altered 37x94 rounds of the same make. You are lucky to have that
time fuzed example as your first one.

Attachments

• IMG_0002 (2).jpg
    IMG_0002 (2).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 74
Could you think about us poor colorblind people and change the color of the caption ? (I can only read the two on the left...)

Thanks !

Hope this is better. My descriptions are basic.

Attachments

• IMG_0002 (2).jpg
    IMG_0002 (2).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 40
Sorry to bump this old tread. Could someone get me some more information about these Russians 37mm hotchkiss / pompom?

The fuze I cannot find anywhere else. Also is the body litle strange, the brass driving band (12 mm width) does not have these grooves.
Are these heads a match for these shells?
There is only one small marking on the steel head... nothing else...

I wonder how these ended up here in Belgium... Maybe there is a French connection?

Attachments

• Russian pompom (1).JPG
    Russian pompom (1).JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Russian pompom (2).JPG
    Russian pompom (2).JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Russian pompom (3).JPG
    Russian pompom (3).JPG
    202 KB · Views: 28
  • Russian pompom (4).JPG
    Russian pompom (4).JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Russian pompom (5).JPG
    Russian pompom (5).JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Russian pompom (6).JPG
    Russian pompom (6).JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 27
The two on the right are German, not Russian . The base is separate and may unscrew, The German cases for these have no
crimp marks as opposed to the AA 37mm types. These are for late war trench guns of several designs -

Attachments

• TG a.png
    TG a.png
    794.1 KB · Views: 13
  • TG c.png
    TG c.png
    796.5 KB · Views: 13
The two on the right are German, not Russian . The base is separate and may unscrew, The German cases for these have no
crimp marks as opposed to the AA 37mm types. These are for late war trench guns of several designs -
Thank you for your feedback! Looks spot on with the last picture.
I did not know of this type of german heads. Indeed there are two holes in the bottem.

So this was not a correct match.