Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Thanks
    A company I worked for in Michigan rolled out a work place violence campaign back in the early 90's. They had ten warning signs for identifying possible killers in our ranks. One was a fascination with weapons. I was called in to HR one day with them saying several people had identified me as a possible killer due to that one issue.

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,028 Posts
    That is a fault of the training campaign. That can be an identification point, when used in combination with other details. When presented as a simple list it (obviously) can fall out of context and be misused. Similar training is still around, but most that I have seen is a little more involved. No training is perfect, but some is much better than others.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Images
    Thanks
    I only see the dark side in "Red Flag" laws. They will work just like the no fly lists, thousands will lose their rights without due process of law. The damage the government can do to it citizens far out weighs what terrorists and criminals can do.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,098 Times in 470 Posts
    Conclusion: red flag laws are not meant to defeat terrorists, but to gain control over it's own citizens. As terrorists and criminals are only a very small portion of the population, they are of no real interest to goverments compared to the large mass.
    Last edited by pzgr40; 10th September 2019 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks
    Hmmmmm, don't remember seeing that flying is a "right". Don't like being on the list, take the bus. I hear this BS every day, people saying that their "rights" are being lost, then when the world goes to shit saying that the Govt should have done something. All kinds of easy answers when people don't have to be the ones responsible when things go to hell, or have to pay in one way or another. The rules are there because the majority of the people want them. You don't like them, don't play or convince people to vote differently. Personally, I like my toys. I don't fly unless I'm forced to. But I sure as hell don't try and sneak a gun on board an aircraft like these idiots do every single day. Saw an asshole the other day caught trying to make it through a checkpoint with a 9mm on his ankle, claiming he forgot it was there. Truly sorry we trampled on his rights. Maybe we can book you guys on his next flight?
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Thanks
    I think it has to do with common sense. As soon as I travel by plane I check my luggage and clothing on things that may give trouble. Wearing a 9mm at your ankle and "forgetting it" sounds quite unbelievable to me, unless he had a wooden leg.....and even than.... I may assume - and hope- shit has hit the fan for this person.

Thanks
    Local law enforcement in that location is very sensitive (and has jurisdiction) to civilian complaints. He did not even miss his flight. He may eventually find a surprise in the mail, however, as TSA typically levies a Federal fine. I believe the fine for a loaded firearm brought into a screening area starts at $11K. And then of course he may make one of those inappropriate "lists" that violate due process. People don't make those lists just because their name starts with certain letter, or because they come from a State west of Louisiana (arbitrary). They are based on specific information and history.

4239 guns were found at TSA checkpoints last year, over 80% of them loaded and most with one in the chamber, a record that will likely be broken in 2019, all by people not on the no-fly lists (but should be). And that does not include the incredible variety of other stupid and dangerous materials found every day (1 liter of concentrated nitric acid, etc.). And every day the screening officers get to listen to people whine about taking their shoes off, I'm not a terrorist, she's an old woman, etc. They also get the constant stream of "Sovereign Citizens" that identify that they are not subject to Federal law, and the current criticism over the no-fly lists.
    Don't like the lists, suggest something better. But be prepared to take some responsibility for the next deaths. Criticism is easy when there is no responsibility attached.

Thanks
    I understand your point, and as I allready stated, I cannot understand somebody being as stupid as to enter an extremely sensitive area like an airfield with a " forgotten" gun. In my opinion thay's plain stupid and asking for shit.
    Maybe in the Netherlands we are more thoughtfull for these kinds of mistakes as the consequence will be the loss of your licence(s).
    With your job you'll shurely see a collection of hairraising examples of human ignorance.
    Last edited by pzgr40; 11th September 2019 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks
    Look at it this way:
    If he does not remember there is a gun on his ankle AND there is an actual emergency situation when he MUST use this gun, then maybe he does not deserve to have a carrying licence.
    I am totally aware where my gun is when I am in public (and at home too, but I do not carry at home). And when I do not carry, I am also aware that there is no gun on me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12