Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

Reproduction 2in Mortar Bomb Carrier

Reproduced an Australian WW2 36M grenade box and contents a while back. I posted a description of the work and some photos so I thought I'd share my latest project. Have wanted a 2 inch mortar round carrier assembly for a long while so in view of the scarcity and corresponding sky high prices, Down Under at least, I decided to attempt to build one. Photo of my efforts enclosed. One photo shows one of my replicas with a genuine 3 in round carrier for comparison. Made up two of the carriers., the lighter "cleaner" one is for a mate. The tubes are made from PVC plumbing pipe as are the caps, the only original components are the carry handle which I scored years from a surplus outlet plus the web strapping. Couldn't find out much info on the markings but other than that am reasonably happy with the results.

2in Carrier 6.jpgBoth Carriers.jpg2in Carrier 9.jpg

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Hi, they look quite good for display.
    I made a couple of the 2” carriers years ago for a re-enactment group. I used the thick wall cardboard tubes from inside the paper rolls used in a plotter printer. The pressed tin end caps came from the lids of fancy oatmeal biscuits.
    A friend made some carriers for PIAT or 3” using the cardboard tube that carpets are rolled on in carpet stores, not sure what he used for the lids.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.