What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dutch Collectors meeting sept 2019

pzgr40

Premium Member
We had an international collectors meeting this weekened in the Netherlands, and I found some very interesting stuff.
The thing that made me most happy was the 35mm Ahead projectile (second from the right , black with yellow band) a projectile I had been looking for for over a decade.
Also bought some interesting books, a Ptab 2,5m shaped charge bomblet, a nice 6 pounder drill cartridge, a 2 pounder HE , some unknown 35x228 tool cartridge, a 2 pounder pompom practice cartridge, a 20x110 HS drill cartridge, a French 20x110 HS HE cartridge, a Vz80 all ways bomb fuze (german WW2), a 6cm shellcase, a 12,7x99 multipe ball cartridge, a 14,5mm sub calibre training cartridge.
At the base an interesting 2"mortar which was produced by a dutch factory a few years after WW2.

Quite a nice haul.
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• Collectors meeting 06-09-2019.jpg
    Collectors meeting 06-09-2019.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Interesting about the 35 mm AHEAD paint. I've had one for years (the ogive unscrews to reveal the sub-projectiles packed in the body) but this has a pale yellow body with an unpainted alloy ogive. Have the colours varied, or what?