What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7,5cm Flügelstabilisierte Langgranate Üb. (What fuze)

Bever

Premium Member
In attachment , image of a 7,5cm Flügelstabilisierte Langgranate (correct me if this is not the right nomenclature)

I had the following question : what fuze or fuzes are used with this projectile?
thread diameter : M28 x 1,5

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3B8F2C1A-4550-4077-B7CC-DEC7D310297F.jpg

In the book of Ian V Hogg - German Secret Weapons of the Second World War (Czech translation published 2002) is a drawing quite similar to your projectile. The drawing shows an AZ 38 St fuze.
Problem is that this fuze has 15x1 thread and needs 2500 to 3000 rpm's to arm.

The AZ 41 fuze would be much more suitable.

A.Z. 38 St you say , well yes , the A.Z. 41 would make sense indeed. However , some time ago , I came by a photo of one in color , fuzed with a A.Z. 5075 (St.) or 5095. Even though I’m not sure if that was correct & which one of both it was.

AZ5075 has 26x1 thread size

It could also have been one of the new fuzes with KM designation.

Bob

Last edited:
Then I believe I have made a mistake , the thread is definitely M26 x 1 , my mistake. Sorry.

Do any of you know what fuze goes on this? Thread diameter is M26 x 1

I think it could be the AZ 5075 or 5095, but to be sure ask Fjordhouse, he has a very nice one in his collection.

Attachments

• 7,5 cm HL Klappleitwerk B.JPG
    7,5 cm HL Klappleitwerk B.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 7,5 cm HL Klappleitwerk.jpg
    7,5 cm HL Klappleitwerk.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Could it be a 5095? I’ve seen a few , yet the fuzes all seem to have a vorstecker. Just not quite sure

There was a variant of the AZ 5075 with a safety pin (vorstecker) ans a cap, the AZ 5075 m.K.
The safety pin was used to prevent the deformation of the cross spring (Federkreuz) during transportation causing premature arming of the fuze.
A removable cap was used to pravent function on leafes, twigs or camouflage nets. (this is more important with HEAT rounds)

Both AZ 5075 and AZ 5095 are detonating fuzes (a Duplex detonator is used). If there was no Zündladung used, there had to be some other kind of booster.

Bob

Attachments

• AZ5075mK.jpg
    AZ5075mK.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 19
Both AZ 5075 and AZ 5095 are detonating fuzes (a Duplex detonator is used). If there was no Zündladung used, there had to be some other kind of booster.

Bob

Unless it is a hollow charge projectile and I think it is (caliber 7,5 cm), there was a booster in the base.

Unless it is a hollow charge projectile and I think it is (caliber 7,5 cm), there was a booster in the base.

Yes, of course it was, I completely missed that :tinysmile_cry_t2:

As Bever asked in his first post, I wonder what was the nomenclatue?

Bob

Last edited:
In the book German Artillery of WW2 the author Ian V Hogg writes in the entry for 7,5 cm Pak 40 (Pages 199 and 200)
"7,5cm Sprgr 38 Hl/C Klappleitwerk: fuzed AZ 385," The text continues with brief description of development citing a report of the Waffen-Entwicklungsbüro from October 1944. Hitler himself was to authorise manufacture of 40 000 rounds.

The AZ385 seems a little strange. I have found some inaccuracies in this text before.

I would love to see the original report :)

Bob

Hello,
Found this, maybe it's the same shell with designation : "7.5cm Gr 38 HL/C KLW"
Regards

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Fuze on Fjordhouse shell is Az5095

musée Ben 243 - Copie - Copie.JPG

Last edited: