What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unidentified Royal Navy fuze 1943

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
good afternoon, another puzzle for you! I wonder if anyone can identify this naval 'fuze'. As you can see it has a tag which reads 'safety pin to be removed before firing' and a screw in brass 'exploder'. The stampings read 'No.1 I/N/RTL 5.43'.

any thoughts?

many thanks, dave

Attachments

• 100_6661.jpg
    100_6661.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_6663.jpg
    100_6663.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_6662.jpg
    100_6662.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 54
Fuze Mk. 1, Bomb, 10lb, Underwater.

RTL - Threfall Ltd, Bridgeman Place Works, Bolton. Phone : 1228 & 1229 T/A : “Threfall’s, Bolton”

TimG

098.jpgPLATE 28.jpg

well done TimG, to be honest I don't think I've ever heard of this bomb. Thank you very much

Dave

oh and anyone visiting Cornwall can see a Holmans Projector at the King Edward Mine museum near Camborne and also the remains of the one that managed to shoot down a German bomber that was attacking the ship and which managed to crash onto the ship and its projector.

good afternoon, another puzzle for you! I wonder if anyone can identify this naval 'fuze'. As you can see it has a tag which reads 'safety pin to be removed before firing' and a screw in brass 'exploder'. The stampings read 'No.1 I/N/RTL 5.43'.

any thoughts?

many thanks, dave

Very nice condition. Thanks for sharing.
Different from the brass version only marked I/N.
100_6662.jpgFuze Mark 1.jpg

Last edited:
Well that’s 2 thar have survived! I don’t think there is one in the King Edward mine museum